Where do i get my recipes from?
- My interest in food has come from many years, therefore there is loads in my head, but i love the Food and Home, Olive, Avocado and Good Food(UK) magazines. I read them over a cup of caffeine, in the loo and even too bed. I also have the Nigella's, Oliver and Ramsay's that get scrutinized.
Ingredients?
- Since moving to the North West, Woolies is a tad far away so i rely allot of the local fruit and veg, which means that i spend time chopping, cutting and dicing. Believe me chopping and peeling butternuts becomes therapeutic. I grow parsley, rosemary and coriander (my all time favorite). When spring kicks in chives, spring onion and a couple more herbs will be planted. My meat is from our favorite butcher Carlos Lopes, Tulisa Park, and have found a wonderful fish monger in Northriding.
Publishing recipes...
- Yes some recipes are my own and some recipes are just good oldie's that work, some are passed down from my mom. I will not classify where they are from as it makes no difference, they are here to be tried and enjoyed. I will write them in layman's terms so that even the novice can identify with everything. I will even make notes of where you can get items, if you aren't in SA, well do what i do....GOOGLE!!
NB NB NB!!
- If have learnt one thing over there years and in French its '...Mesen place..' it's prepare prepare prepare. Nothing worse than leaving shopping, prepping and cooking at the last minute, believe me you will have a not so HOT meal, with a hungry family/friends and you will be quite annoyed. I normally plan my evening meal the night before just in case i need to run out to get something - which is exactly what happens most of the times when i decide to do something out of ordinary i.e Thai, Asian, Moroccan etc.
Name
- I self proclaim myself from here onwards as Chef Sil as i believe i have earned the title considering i am ALWAYS COOKING (this one if for you Walter). I love it, it's done with love, it pleases my customers - nothing more gratifying.
Love to all and good night...
No comments:
Post a Comment